12/11/2008 03:27:00 PM | Author: Mhaldito~
Last week.. Wella (Author of Thinking Pen), my colleague, has been asking me if what is my point of view about same sex marriage. Coz she is composing a blog about it. ( please visit her site to read her entry about same sex marriage )

I told her...

"I am not a believer in marriages (not just for same sex marriage but for marriage as a whole)... I believe in commitment and how to oblige on it.. It is not necessary to be married in order for your love be perfected.."

Love can be perfected by two people working a strong relationship... It is the foundation of trust that that you gain and earn on both sides... It is a bridge of communication for two people working together as one...

I have a college/close friend who is having a problem with marriage... her partner has been married before and got kids... They've been together for years and yet she still want to be married with her partner... She is having a problem knowing that his partner is not yet annulled with his previous wife... She is afraid that one day she might loose her partner just because they're not married and they can't be recognized as a family ( luckily they got a very cute son )...
I asked her...

"Do you love him?"

and she said... "Yes, I do..." I asked again...

"Does he love you?"

and she answered... "Yeah, he's been telling me that and showing it..."

I then asked her a follow-up question...

"Then... Whats the problem?"

she just stared at me and cried... and then I told her...

"Do not be afraid just because you both are not married... Marriage is just papers.. you sign them and be recognized... But what's important is the commitment that you both vowed to each other... The love that you shared through all these years..."

Do not think of marriage as a lacking peice in the puzzle that makes your relationship perfect... Don't make your life more complicated just because of that...

You both are happy...

Be contented on what you have...

The most important is you have HIM...

and he has YOU..."


....

I was reading at Wella's entry ( and got permission to post a paragraph of it.. ).. And I told her... "this is for you".... and then post it on our IM

Marriage is a sacred and a legal vow of commitment, but we can also love without having to go through a sacred ceremony. If our law demanded to limit marriage to a man and a woman, why bother tying the knot when we can show love other than exchanging I dos? There are a lot of ways to show our love and it has nothing to do with blotting our decrees much more with regulations than would make it more imperfect.


Thanks to Thinking Pen...



Category: , , |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On December 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous said...

Nice thoughts you have here arg. I learned something new from you today. Well done!

 
On December 12, 2008 at 7:28 AM , Mhaldito~ said...

Thnx wella.. its because of ur blog.. :) hehehehe...

but ur still the best when it comes to technical writing though.. hehehehe