9/27/2008 02:45:00 PM | Author: Mhaldito~
Earlier today during my shift we were busy chatting and answer some trivia through our conference room when suddenly a question has been posted by my colleague.

"Enumerate the Seven Deadly Sin"

They suddenly answered and I was busy reading.

1. Lust

2. Gluttony

3. Greed

4. Sloth

5. Wrath

6. Envy

....

....

Then suddenly somebody posted

7. Pride

That makes me wonder why.. I opened wikipedia and searched for the topic and read the article.. the first few sentence states:

"In almost every list pride (or hubris or vanity) is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the ultimate source from which the others arise. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to give compliments to others though they may be deserving of them, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God)."

***

Reading from the definition itself it has something to do with vanity. But when i tried to think and relate this article to myself. Its not just vanity or looking at yourself but it has something to do with people around you and what does it affect to them.

I myself has a pride that made me say that I am selfish. I already accepted it and I learned lessons from it.

Pride does not satisfy you on what you believe and what you want others sees you. It can make you isolate and desperate not just because of selfishness but because of your desire to be happy.

But still I can say I live with my own pride. Still hoping to seek happiness as what other people live by.

----


But one question still comes to my mind...

Why most of people live with their own pride... :)
Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.