10/13/2008 06:45:00 PM | Author: Mhaldito~


One bored afternoon. I am sitting in front of my PC thinking on what to do (aside from checking my mails, friendster, Poh' blog and clicking on the ads, etc...)

My Lineage II private server is still having problem connecting due to Game Guard error. Rf Equilibrium is still not online and conducting some technical stuff.

I scanned my DVD's and found if I can watch some movies again that I've watched before.

One of `em is "300"

Aside from King Leonida's 300 Army of Gorgeous Bodies (hehehehe), I love the concept and the thing that it has something to do with History (my type of movie)....

now lets get back to the topic....

Queen Gorgo... King Leonida's wife... is trying to convince the Sparta Councilmen to send their Army not just for the King but for the 300 Army that sacrificed their lives just to protect Sparta and its greatness.

I always like her speech. I just want it to share to you the content of the speech. (in text)

***
Councilmen, I stand before you today not only as your Queen: I come to you as a mother; I come to you as a wife; I come to you as a Spartan woman; I come to you with great humility.

I am not here to represent Leonidas; his actions speak louder than my words ever could. I am here for all those voices which cannot be heard: mothers, daughters, fathers, sons -- 300 families that bleed for our rights, and for the very principles this room was built upon.

We are at war, gentlemen. We must send the entire Spartan army to aid our King in the preservation of not just ourselves, but of our children.

Send the army for the preservation of liberty.

Send it for justice.

Send it for law and order.

Send it for reason.

But most importantly, send our army for hope -- hope that a king and his men have not been wasted to the pages of history -- that their courage bonds us together, that we are made stronger by their actions, and that your choices today reflect their bravery.

***

Mhaldito~



Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On October 13, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Dhon said...

hmmmm...
nice pooh!
althought it's sad that i was not able to really remember this line..
BUt now i think i will..

 
On October 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM , Mhaldito~ said...

hehehehehehe

yeah...

I reakky like that speech.. :)

just like you poh.. :)

 
On January 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM , Dinesh said...

Awesome lines..